April 24, 2015

fusion | UT fashion show










dress - H&M // blazer - TJMaxx // 
heels - TJMaxx // black crossbody - Kate Spade 


Last night, I attended my very first fashion show. Although it was hosted and run by my university, I couldn't contain my excitement and awe at the creations that STUDENT designers from MY school produced. Of course, I snagged this as an opportunity to dress up and thank God I did! Right when I got to the event center, all I could see were recruiters, judges, parents, and friends dressed in suits and classy outfits. They all looked so professional, which made the experience more fascinating and exciting. Truth be told, I didn't know my school had events like these until I came across it on Facebook. I saw that one of my Facebook friends had clicked attending and naturally, this popped up on my newsfeed. I've always wanted to go to a fashion show and Fusion was everything I wanted and more. 

The dress I'm wearing right now is a versatile dress. I've worn it to my church Thanksgiving dinner with some simple flats and a tan overcoat and to many random dinners with a couple of my friends. It's extremely comfortable, but is on the short side so I have to wear a pair of Spandex shorts underneath. I've featured my nude heels a numerous amount of times and I am wearing them again in this post. Honestly, nude can't go wrong with any outfit so these shoes are a simple go-to. I love how there's a strap that wraps around my ankle and a peep toe that shows a little bit of the color on my toes. 

Overall, this outfit was perfect in comfort and style. I didn't feel overdressed or underdressed for the show and my feet didn't hurt towards the end. I really hope to attend more fashion shows in the future. I know the one I attended doesn't compare to those in New York Fashion Week or even in London, but Fusion will be an experience I will never forget. All glory goes to God for this opportunity and (hopefully) many more to come. 


Michelle Joo