May 21, 2015

i: el fin


This past school year involved many changes and accomplishments, ups and downs, new experiences, happiness and disappointment. Here are some (as much as I can think of) unforgettable moments and lessons of my first year in college:
  • registered for my first classes in college (BIO 311C, CH 301, PSY 301, UGS 302) 
  • got pharmacy technician certified (!!!)
  • had panic attacks because of that stupid exam... but I passed thank God 
  • joined a campus ministry, ACTS
  • met many new, interesting people 
  • became friends with my future roomie <3: SJ
  • had freaking fried chicken at 2 in the morning like why #freshman15 
  • fmf <3: JK
  • said hurtful things 
  • did my first ever QT/Bible study 
  • had the best small group (The BOYS) and small group leader, RL 
  • went to UT/house parties (LOL ugh)
  • got alcohol poisoning (LOL again ugh)
  • managed a 3.8 first semester
  • got my tragus pierced
  • almost rushed for a sorority
  • lost many friendships
  • felt lonely and out of place 
  • met someone to help me out of it <3: JY
  • felt cheated
  • went to my first ACTS spring retreat 
  • tried so many different food/dessert/coffee places (Blue Dahlia, Halal's, Cream Whiskers, Michi, Cow Tipping, Chi'Lantro, Central Market, Gourdough's, Teji's, and so many more that I'm not gonna name because I'm slightly embarrassed)
  • saw AJ Rafael!!!
  • went to my very first (and last) UT football game 
  • saw cool art exhibitions 
  • went to Mount Bonnell for the first time 
  • road-tripped to Dallas and had Boiling Crab for the first time 
  • went to my first ACTS camping trip
  • got sick multiple times (I hate dorms) 
  • took many... many pictures
  • went to IM games 
  • pulled all-nighters 
  • made stupid mistakes
  • went to Trail of Lights for the first time 
  • got in 2 car accidents 
  • Rez Week!
  • overdosed on caffeine 
  • cried because of my grades, future, friends, parents' expectations, etc. 
  • went on late night walks with SJ and RL and contemplated every aspect of our lives LOL 
  • had many sleepovers at JY's <3 
  • celebrated Easter Sunday with my ACTS fam
  • attended my very first fashion show!!! (probably the best moment of my entire school year... it was so good)
  • joined AED and LPPA first semester but wasn't as involved (currently on probation for AED wah)... Goal for next year: GET INVOLVED IN THESE TWO ORG'S. 
  • been heartbroken 
This school year helped me learn more about myself. I've realized how jealous and selfish of a person I am and what I need to work on to become a better follower, friend, daughter, and sister. Freshman year was hard. I can't say that I didn't want to just give up. I was mad and bitter at every little thing, pushing my responsibilities and priorities aside. I was tempted in the beginning, going out to all sorts of parties, drinking and smoking. However without the certain handful of people I met this year, I have realized what's really important and what matters to me. I am looking forward to next year because I know I will grow and learn even more about who I am.


Michelle Joo