April 1, 2016

walking down memory lane of sb2016

I spent my spring break in New York this year and to summarize: we walked 45 miles in a span of 3 days.

Tuesday, March 15


[memory 01] 1 hour layover in Denver and my roommate and I were internally freaking out because we thought we missed our connecting flight without realizing there was a time zone difference




5:15PM: Arrival @ LGA 

[memory 02] first subway experience and I wanted to leave



[memory 03] first stop: Koreatown 
had to wait over an hour to eat a this Korean restaurant so we broke the rules and had dessert first




[memory 04] walked off our heavy dinner and went through Times Square


Wednesday, March 16





[memory 05] stopped by Brian's school, Columbia University, and couldn't get over how gorgeous the campus was







[memory 06] the freaking cookies






[memory 07] Doughnut Plant: no matcha donut and Stace was extremely disappointed





[memory 08] went to Rockefeller Center but the weather was extremely foggy and gloomy





[memory 09] so most of my pictures were taken indoors



[memory 10] hahahahahahahaha


[memory 11] NY ramen though.........


[memory 12] went shopping for other people's gifts but ended up going to the Lego Store and picking up a Darth Vader keychain for ourselves tbh I'm not even surprised


[memory 13] Magnolia Bakery was worth the hype








[memory 14] Ladurée honestly tasted like any other macaron store idk maybe my tastebuds aren't fancy enough



[memory 15] Washington State Park to end our 15 mile day...

Thursday, March 16





[memory 16] woke up at 5AM to get the famous cronut, frozen s'more, and cookie shot from Dominique Ansel - waited 1 hour for the bakery to open at 8 - couldn't get the cookie shots because they sell those at 3PM - stuffed our faces with a matcha passionfruit mousse cake instead - WORTH THE HYPE seriously so good even though this whole thing cost 35 bucks


[memory 17] and then I died... after Dominique Ansel, something didn't sit well and ended up becoming really nauseous and throwing up/staying in bed all day 
Sorry Stace <3 

Friday, March 17



[memory 18] still wasn't feeling well at all, but started the day with pizza anyway


[memory 19] and bubble tea from Boba Guys to further pain my stomach :')







[memory 20] Brooklyn Bridge: it was extremely windy this day but this was my favorite part of the trip hands down


[memory 21] saw a daughter and her mom write their names on the bridge and decided to do the same




[memory 22] there were so many people at MoMA because it was free today


[memory 23] we walked around the entire museum trying to find this Campbell's painting and right when we gave up and were trying to find our way out the museum, we FOUND IT


[memory 24] Stacey's dream come true: The Met



[memory 25] our final dessert place for the trip: Bibble and Sip 
this place was worth the hype too... we waited over 45 minutes for this and were so antsy because we thought they were going to run out of their famous matcha cream puffs but we got them and devoured them in a matter of minutes



Overall, this trip was a memorable experience. I was dying on the way back to Austin, but I regret not holding my pain and missing out on Thursday's adventures. I regret not eating the sushirrito and I regret not seeing Grand Central or Madison Avenue. Ugh. So many regrets of things I wasn't able to do but this trip was a relaxing break away from school. I really needed this. Thank you roomie for coming along this journey with me <3 I wouldn't have made it without you! 

Michelle Joo